Monday, March 1, 2010

Whew...

My daily time alone with God doesn't unclutter my schedule.  It unclutters my mind and calms my heart even on my busiest days.
That's a tweet from Rick Warren.  I am trying hard to see that at work, but it's hard when it feels like I need to use every minute of every day to:

A) Clean up
B) Get school work finished
C) Work
D) Work Out
E) All of the above! 



I haven't been blogging because of that reason alone.  I have been TOO busy.  I hate to admit that no blogging = NO alone time with God this week.  Although I have been pretty productive, I have realized that I need that God time to put me in a better  mood and to stay focused on the most important things in life.  I can get things done, but it is definitely not my best work unless I am getting my motivation from Him. Plus, it's hard to see the big picture when I'm wrapped up in deadlines and grades.

As far as being healthy goes, I have not done so well this week.  I can tell you that I did stick to my no chocolate candy though! But, I wore myself out mentally that I was exhausted every night and every morning and did not get enough activity in.  And I had a rough weekend on the eating side of things.  

Ray went to the grocery store yesterday and bought stuff for me to make healthy lunches and dinners.  Tonight, it's a salad and vegetable pasta.  Yummy!  He also bought some strawberries (which he never does cause they can be so expensive!) which will make for a yummy dessert.  

I will get back to blogging daily.  It really does make me feel better. 
This week, I'm giving up ALL candy.  I can do this!

I had a great time visiting my sister, Anna, and her husband Blake in Greenwood yesterday.  It was so good to see them and their precious 5-month old, Winston Miles.  I went down for Winston's dedication service, which was wonderful. I LOVE Blake & Anna's house.  It's my dream for a first house! I couldn't stop describing it to Ray.  They deserve everything they have been blessed with! 

And a bonus was that I got to see my parents. I love them so much. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kimberly!! :) Glad you liked our house and glad you were able to visit and finally see it! I'll post pics soon of yesterday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete