Sunday, March 14, 2010

GBS 5k

So, I made the decision today to cancel my plans for the Bridge Run at the end of March. I was excited about the challenge and getting to spend a weekend with my sisters, but to make a long story short it would be a long drive for such a quick trip.  I wouldn't be able to leave until Friday afternoon and I'd have to come back Sunday.  With the cost of registration and the gas also being factors, I just decided that I'll hang out with my sisters another weekend when I have more time.  Hopefully with better planning and saving I can go next year!  
On a better note... I'm signing up for the GBS 5k and plan on running that with my sisters. :)  I am so looking forward to that weekend because it is Anna's 28th birthday that Friday night and then we'll all get up together and run for a great cause on Saturday!  This is from my sister Ashley's blog (Sweet Southern Prep):
Please come out and support GBS, by running/walking in a 5K on May 1, 2010 near South Park.  It begins and ends in the parking lot of EarthFare.  One of my friends, Hannah, has three children whom I used to babysit a lot, was diagnosed with GBS before her third child.  It started off as a weakness in her joints, and then slowly resulted in paralysis.  With the Lord's help, it took a full year for her to slowly recover and learn how to walk again, but thankfully she conquered it, and is now fully healed.  Praise the Lord!  That woman has some strength, but she definitely couldn't have done it alone.  Some patients that are diagnosed with GBS are never even able to walk again, let alone, have another baby.  To read more about GBS, click here
This will be my first race ever!  Hope it starts warming up so I can start running outside.  I know I can get a good time in on the treadmill, but I have no idea how fast I can run outside.  I'm ready for this little challenge and I have over a month to prepare! No excuses!  




2 comments:

  1. Sad you aren't going to be able to make it... but I completely understand! I am glad I am going ahead and getting this soreness out of the way before the race! I don't want to imagine what I would have felt like if that 10K was my first workout! Love you!

    ReplyDelete