Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring into Action 2010

And so it begins... 

8:20 a.m.  Sunny, but 32*!

8:29 a.m.  Covered my ears and zipped up my coat!
Ready to run to get warm...

Somewhere between Mile 1 and 2... happy to see Ray!

The last little stretch was downhill. Sprint time! 

I look like I'm in pain...good thing the cop is nearby!

FINISHED in 30m 27s
(If you zoom in on this pic, I have a really goofy smile on my face)

My support and personal paparazzi!




I cannot wait to run many more 5ks.  It was a tough course with three big hills, but luckily there were also a few downhill slopes.  The weather was frigid!  I think it was great preparation for future races, though.  The top female was also 24 years old and she finished in 20 minutes.  Craziness!  There were only 67 runners and I finished 32nd overall.  Stay tuned for more 5k updates in the future! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Kiki! So proud of you! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Yay! I can't believe you had such a good time in that cold weather (and for usually running on the treadmill) Good job! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete