Friday, March 26, 2010

Prayer & Fasting


Ray and I missed church last Sunday because of work, so we finally watched the sermon online yesterday.  Our pastor, Bruce Frank, posed a challenge to us.  Today and tomorrow we will be praying about what God wants us to do (or not do) for the week before Easter.  If you have half an hour today, you should watch the sermon and explore some of the resources for more insight.  

One extra thing I learned from this sermon is that the sacrifice I chose for the entire season of Lent was a good choice.  However, I did not do it the right way.  It doesn't mean anything to just give something up for whatever reason (in my case, it was a distraction).  I
intended to give up Facebook to have more quite time with God, but the quiet time didn't really happen.  I even chose to start this blog so that I could get in the Word some more and blog about what I was learning, but... well, you can see that didn't happen either.  

As I pray over the next couple of days I will listen to God and ask Him what will be the best thing for me to do in the coming week.  I want him to CHANGE ME.  I want to realize my dependence on Him.  I'm so excited to see what comes of this!  As Pastor Bruce says, "He can make things happen immediately what might take us our entire life."  

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring! I'll try to watch the sermon sometime! Love you and good luck tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete