Thursday, March 11, 2010

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.

     After a couple of days in Knoxville with my brother-in-law, I came back to Asheville happy to see my cousin Jennifer and looking forward to spending Wednesday with her.  The only bad thing was that I was scheduled to work last night.  Well, I didn't get to work or spend time with JLG!  I was so sick.  I woke up Wednesday morning, made breakfast for Ray around 5:30, he went to work and then it started.  I had a miserable stomach bug.  Fortunately, Jennifer had her friend Cynthia here, so they still got to enjoy their stay in Asheville.  Ray came home from work for half an hour to bring me some medicine and some Ginger Ale and then took care of me the rest of the day once he got home for good.  I slept when I could and started feeling well enough to eat something around dinner time last night.  I went to sleep with a bad headache, but when I got up this morning I felt great! Thank goodness!  I don't want to describe the sickness in too much detail, but I'll say this...I lost 6 pounds in one day!
     I hate being sick.  I don't like wasting days.  I have so much that I need to get done and even more that I want to do!  Though I was happy that it was a gloomy day yesterday--it made it a little easier to know that I wasn't missing any warm sunshine.  Being sick also made me think about all the junk that I've been eating.  I always blame myself when I get sick, but this time I really do think it was the burger and fries (Five Guys) I ate with my brother-in-law the night before; that, plus all the other junk I ate while I was in Knoxville.  After yesterday, I'm back on track.  
     Today has been nice and relaxing though.  Feeling rejuvenated after a good 10 hours of sleep, Ray and I got up and ran some errands.  I did some school work and now we're both sitting on the couch...he's playing MLB2k9 (xbox) and I'm blogging away about nothing you really care about.  ;)  Also, I'm going to discontinue tracking my food on here.  I will continue tracking the activity part and maybe just comment on how I'm doing with eating and things I'm learning.  I need to get ready for the 10k and practice running outside!  Prayers would be appreciated.  :-P          

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for you to blog! I am glad you are feeling better! That is so weird though because Alison L. had on facebook that she was fine and then all of a sudden felt so sick...and she had eaten at Five Guys too! Maybe it was that... I don't know what it was for Blake though. Anyway, love you and glad you are better! I need to get ready for the run too... so not ready!

    ReplyDelete