Saturday, April 17, 2010

Burnt out!

Only seven more days of classes and four exams until this semester finally comes to an end.  I am so ready!  The past couple of weeks have worn me out.  I hate when I get stressed because it begins a vicious cycle.  It starts with stress eating.  Then, because I've eaten so much, I don't feel like working out.  And I come up with all this stuff I have to do besides working out, but I don't get those things done either.  So, I've been unproductive and I'm feeling gross.  This past week, I did get a lot of work done, but I didn't improve my physical well-being.  For some reason, I can't get back on track.  I keep saying, "Okay, tomorrow I will work out," but I don't.  It doesn't just affect me, it affects my loving husband.  I get mopey, I don't clean, I don't make him breakfast in the morning and  I pour my heart out to him every night when we get in bed.  (I'm also really uncomfortable going to bed at night when I have been unhealthy, because I get hot and my body just doesn't feel right.)  I hate being like this.  Though, my love is the most understanding and caring husband.  He just listens and helps me relax.
But, ultimately only I can fix my physical health.  Two weeks from today I will be running another 5k.  I was hoping to keep up with running since my last 5k, but no success with that.  I've just been too busy.  (But, that's not really a good excuse EVER.)  Anyway, two weeks from today I will also be done with classes.  I don't want to put off getting in shape until then. I want to be back on track
already.  My goal for the next two weeks is to do 30 minutes of cardio each weekday
at least.  I will have my mornings back since I don't have to teach this week, so I will work out first thing.  I'm also going to eat in moderation.  Blogging about this will help me stay motivated and keep me focused!
Here's to being ME again!      

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Kimberly!! Love you seeester! God has given us so many blessings and we can give back to him by using our gifts (one of those is being able to walk or run!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this Kimber! I'll start tomorrow with you. I've got to get back on track too. :) Why tomorrow? Because I'm currently eating a hot fudge sundae from McD's! Ha! But tomorrow I'm going to start eating right and working out. We can do it! :) :) :) LYLAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One other thing, check out this blog:
    http://www.fashionmeetsfood.com/
    I'm positive you'll love it! She's trying to lose weight before her wedding, and is doing WW, she records points and posts pictures with easy recipes, and also talks about random stuff. She makes things that we like to fix, very simple, with very little points. Hope you enjoy her, she's a sweetie. :) Tell her I sent you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all so much! Ashley, I'll check out that blog. I really appreciate the encouragement. :) LYLS!

    ReplyDelete